14 Quotes that will change your lifeby Cornelius Weidmann on 27 March 20142 min read
Below is a list of randomly assorted quotes which have made a positive impact on my life (especially quotes 1-5 & 14). In essence, these quotes are just little reminders of our own intuition and I think it is good to read them every now and then to get back on track.
- How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
- The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who does him absolutely no good.
- Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.
- Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.
- When you control what you can, you know you've done everything possible to succeed.
- You can't help someone get up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself.
(H. Norman Schwarzkopf)
- You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.
- I didn't get to where I am by thinking about it or dreaming about it. I got there by doing it.
- The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.
- He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
- Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.
(W. Clement Stone)
- Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.
- Just remember, you can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.